This super delicious and nourishing soup is a meal in itself. Have it on a chilly night or on a rainy evening, or serve it at a family dinner table!
Preparation time – 25minutes.
9-10 chopped button mushrooms
2 tbsp of chopped parsley
1/2 cup toned milk
2 tsp Whole wheat flour
1 tsp butter
Salt & pepper to taste
Step by step:
- Boil the chopped mushrooms and 1tbsp parsley (in just enough water to dip them) with a little salt. This may take up to 10 mins.
- Along side, heat a pan & sauté shallots in butter for 3-4mins. , smash & add the garlic cloves in it.
- Pick half of boiling mushrooms with a spatula & add to the pan. Continue to sauté on a medium flame for another 2 mins.
- Add flour, salt & pepper. Keep stirring & pour in the cold milk. Cook for 2 min.
- Take off flame, let it cool for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, separate the mushroom stock, keep aside the tender mushrooms for later use.
- Now puree the shallot, mushroom mix adding the stock.
- Pour everything back in the boiling vessel, add remaining chopped parsley and mushrooms. Boil for 2-3 min on high flame.
Serve hot with a piece of garlic toast!
Picture courtesy: http://www.winnerdinners.com