To start with, I’m not really a banana person. But ever since I (reluctantly) baked a banana cake, I’ve found great love for the fruit. This is the most simple cake you can bake and have people drooling for more!
It can be baked with peanuts/ almonds/ walnut/ cashews/ raisins/ chocolate chips, M&Ms. It’s super moist and soft and just remarkably delicious!
2 cups whole wheat flour
1tsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp refined oil
1/2 cup room-temperature milk
5 tbsp sugar (or 6tsp brown sugar)
9-10 Cashew nuts
- Preheat microwave at 200•
- In a bowl mash bananas using a fork. Add sugar, oil and vanilla and leave it for 5-10 mins. It helps the bananas mellow, eliminating any bitterness which may happen if the bananas are fresh.
- Sieve flour, baking soda and baking powder together. 3 times to instil some air in the flour.
- Make a valley and put in the banana mixture and the milk. Mix with a flat spatula. If the batter is too stiff, add some water.
- Now crush cashews and M&Ms in a processor or by a rolling pin. Add 3/4 of them in the batter.
- Grease the baking vessel and pour the batter. Garnish with the remaining crushed cashews and M&Ms.
- Bake for 25-28 mins. (Do the clean toothpick test in the middle of the vessel.)
- Let it sit for 5-10 mins
- Have it with a cup of tea/coffee/milk or serve it with a dollop of vanilla icecream or just eat plain.
Now, if you please excuse me I have a cake to attack! 🙂