For those of you who have heard this name for the first time, I recommend that you look for him. For those who know about him, you most probably admire him already. What a legend can a man be, who lived 83 years and most of it in popularity, and not have a single negative review or news?
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was an Ex-president of India, a brilliant scientist and an educationist who had received the highest honours the country has to offer. He is popularly known as “Missile man” and “People’s president” – the one to have earned most respect and love. A magazine once reported that the workers and servants in the President house called him the most easy-going, active, simple, humane and humble President they had served. He put more than a decade of his last years, visiting children and young adults all over the nation to inspire them to Dream and Pursue.
Dr. Kalam passed away suddenly last evening while addressing youngsters about “Livable planet Earth”. Only the luckiest people die while following their passion. To acknowledge this beautiful human, United Nations Organisation(U.N.O) has declared his birthday, the October 15th as World Students Day.
Here are some of his inspiring quotes that’ll make you love him too!
- Dream is not what you see in sleep. Dream is something which doesn’t let you sleep.
- Love your job but don’t love your company, because you may not know when your company stops loving you.
- As a child of God, I am greater than anything that can happen to me.
- Don’t read success stories, you will only get a message. Read failure stories, you will get some ideas!
- Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is top of the Mount Everest or the top of your career.
- Educationists should build the capacities of spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.
- Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole Universe conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.
- I’m not a handsome guy, but I can give my Hand-to-someone who needs help. Beauty is in heart, not in face.
- Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.
- Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.
- Without your involvement you can’t succeed. With your involvement you can’t fail.
- If you salute your duty, you no need to salute anybody, but if you pollute your duty, you have to salute everybody.
- Sometimes it is better to bunk a class and enjoy with friends, because today when I look back, marks don’t make me laugh but memories do!
- Learning gives creativity, creativity leads to thinking, thinking provides knowledge and knowledge makes you great.
- You cannot change your future, but you can change your habits and surely, your habits can change your future.
- Don’t rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.
- Difficulties in life do not come to destroy you, but to help you realize your hidden potential and power. Let difficulties know that you are difficult too.
Rest In Peace.